When we reopen at Candlelight!
We are anxious for your return and have been busy getting the theater ready. Our shows will be exciting and memorable just as they always have been, but the experience will be a little different. We have taken important steps to keep you safe and can’t wait to share them with you!
Before you arrive, we have several new things for you:
- First, when you booked your ticket, we sent you a new set of rules for your evening. They are important.
- Second, no more waiting in the lobby for the doors to open. When you make a reservation, you will pick an arrival time. We will seat your group together.
- Finally, when you make your reservation, you will select your entrée.
Arriving and Entering the Theater
When you arrive you will notice a few changes. Here is the new process:
- You’ll notice that the theater’s parking lot has been resurfaced. The even pavement will make our lot much safer.
- Please arrive at your assigned time and wait in your car to be called to come in.
- We will take everyone’s temperature with a contactless thermometer when you enter the building. This will help ensure others are safe. 100.5 or over will not be admitted and credit will be given for a future performance
- We will also confirm your meal order and answer any questions that you might have about the rest of your evening.
To keep everyone safe, we have reduced the seating inside the theater. We will seat approximately 40% of our capacity. In addition you’ll notice that:
- We will have fewer tables. Your favorite table may not be available. We hope you understand.
- You will be seated with only your group.
- Masks are required entering and walking about the theater. At your table, masks are optional but we do encourage that masks be worn during the show.
- Servers and staff will all wear a mask and gloves.
The Menu and Meal Service
We can no longer have a buffet. But no one goes hungry at Candlelight. Instead:
- Our menu will feature three choices of entrées including a vegetarian option.
- We will serve your pre-ordered entrée at your table as well as a salad, shrimp, and dessert.
- As always, your server will deliver drinks to the table.
- If you’d like, you can have seconds of anything on the menu. No one will leave our theater hungry.
- After the meal, we ask that you stay in your seat or you can go outside.
- The restrooms will be open, but we will have less people in restrooms at one time and there will be a physically distanced path established for restroom lines.
- Our staff will be seen cleaning doorknobs, hand- rails, and public areas.
- Intermission may be a little longer so that all patrons can use the restrooms in an orderly way.
- Following the show, you will be called by table to exit the theater so physical distancing can be maintained.
In addition to these steps, the staff has been busy in ways you may never see. The theater has been professionally sanitized and disinfected. We have reviewed kitchen procedures, installed plexiglass on the bar and Box Office, and, of course, have made changes to keep the actors safe.
Following Our Rules Keeps Everyone Safe
We are taking your safety very seriously. In turn, we need your help. We will ask and expect every patron to follow the rules. We will politely remind any patron if they don’t seem to understand. However, we are reserving the right to ask a patron to leave the theater if not willing to respect the comfort of other patrons.
Hoping to see you soon.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our Box Office at 1-302-475-2313.
July 15, 2020. This page will be updated as guidelines change.