Saturday, December 16 The Candlelight Theatre welcomes you to our first Relaxed Performance – Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
A Relaxed Performance provides a Sensory-Friendly, judgment-free zone where all are welcome to be who they are. Some adjustments will be made so that individuals with high-sensitivity and those with, ADD, ADHD, Asperger’s Syndrome, Autism, dementia and learning differences or other sensory sensitivities – or anyone who would benefit from a relaxed environment – can enjoy the magic of live theatre with their families and friends.
We welcome all to this non-judgmental environment in a ‘no-shush zone’ where you will find:
- House lights will remain on at a low level during the performance.
- Lower sound levels, especially for startling sounds.
- Warnings for scenes or moments that might be unexpected or unsettling.
- Guests are welcome to vocalize and move in the theatre venue as needed.
- A quiet space will be provided in our lobby with staff members available.
- Guests are welcome to bring their own fidget and stress sensory toys, electronics, noise cancelling head phones or borrow those that will be available.
- Our staff and volunteers, who have been trained to be aware of and accommodate families’ needs, will be available throughout the theatre and the lobby during the entire performance.
- Pre-show preparation materials will be available online and sent as the performance date approaches to help our guests prepare for their visit to The Candlelight Theatre.
Doors open at 12 noon, the show will begin at 12:30pm. This is a show-only event. Tickets are $30. To reserve, please call the box office at 302-475-2313. As the day approaches, for more information and pre-show preparation, please check our website at www.candlelighttheatredelaware.org.
The Candlelight Theatre is located at 2208 Millers Rd., Ardentown, Delaware 19810.
The Candlelight Theatre is working with Brain Balance Achievement Centers to invite children and their entire families from community groups like Prompt and Play, Asperger’s Alliance, and others.
The Candlelight theatre would like to extend special thanks to Marcie Bramucci, Director of Community Investment, People’s Light; People’s Light ; Roger Ideshi, JD, OT/L, FAOTA, Program Director & Associate Professor, Temple University; Tom Quinn of the Montgomery Theater, and Rachel Adler for their support, expertise and assistance.